Staying fit will help you live a longer and healthier life. According to Russell Pate, PhD, as quoted on Web MD, 30 minutes of exercise per day will help a person maintain a healthy weight and reap health benefits like lowering the risk of heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes and hypertension. You don’t have to be an accomplished athlete to enjoy the benefits of exercise. Consistency is the key. Find an exercise you enjoy, so it is a habit rather than a chore. A good walk at a healthy pace is a great way to start the day.
According to Web MD, strength training several times a week can have the following benefits:
- Keeps your bones and muscles strong
- Helps control weight
- Improves balance and coordination
- May improve symptoms of arthritis, back pain, and fibromyalgia
- May take some pressure off joints and discs in the spine as you strengthen support muscles
- Helps you sleep better and boosts metabolism when also done with regular exercise
Find your favorite exercise and stay consistent with it so you can live a fit and healthy life.